President Harry S. Truman once said, “America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand.” Being an American is something that most people take for granted. It’s easy to get caught up in the day-to-day hustle of stressful jobs, nagging girlfriends, and endless bills. But when you stop to think about it, all of that is worth it to be living in the United States of America…the greatest country on earth!
If you’re reading this blog that means you’re one of the lucky members of the Outlaw Swagger team. And if you’re on our team, you’re a damn proud American. In the spirit of the red, white, and blue, let’s take a minute to recognize 7 awesome reasons to be a proud American:
- Freedom! This one goes without saying. We are truly the land of the free because of the brave and we will never forget that. Our freedoms are what make us the best country in the world and we’re damn proud of that!
- Back-to-back World War Champions! Hell yes we said it…and we’ll brag about that forever.
- Speaking of our military, the United States Armed Forces (the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard) is the best in the world. Our soldiers come from all walks of life, yet unite in one mission: to defend our beautiful country, to keep Americans safe, and to fiercely protect our freedoms. We couldn’t be more grateful for those that serve!
- The land of opportunity! Every American knows that they can do pretty much anything they set their minds to and that’s because the “American Dream” is a real thing. Entrepreneurs like the boys from Outlaw Swagger are proud to be living the dream every single day!
- Our culture is like no other in the world. American culture has shaped policy, entertainment, and more throughout history. Countries from all around the world look to us to set the standard and we love our position in the driver’s seat.
- Beauty! If you stop to look around every once in a while, you will notice all of the beauty that surrounds this great country. From stunning mountain ranges to beautiful oceans, the United States of America has no shortage of awesome scenery to admire.
- American Pride is in a league of its own! No other country feels the same pride and joy to say where they’re from…and that’s because we’re the best! From celebrating on the 4th of July to declaring the Pledge of Allegiance, we know what it means to a patriot. We are proud Americans yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
We wanted to keep it short, but the truth is that there are countless reasons that we’re truly proud to be Americans. What makes you proud to be an American? Did we miss anything really important? Share your ideas in the comment box below and let us know your thoughts!